- Ways to Save
Are you ready to remodel your bathroom? Updating your bathroom(s) can save you money on your utility bill, as well as improve the room’s appearance if you take a few things into consideration, including:
- Switch your incandescent lighting with fluorescent light bulbs. They use 75% less electricity, put 70% less heat in the home, and last up to 12 times longer.
- Use EPA WaterSense Showerheads and faucets that use up to 50% less water.
- Use EPA WaterSense High Performance Toilets that use 20% less water than conventional toilets.
- Put some exterior shading in your bathroom window or skylight like window film or solar screens to reduce the heat coming through. Window films can reduce 3-5% of the cooling portion of your utility bill if done throughout the house.
- Discourage mold growth and improve your indoor air quality by installing an exhaust fan in the bathroom that delivers moisture-laden air directly outside. Check the list of ENERGY STAR® Certified exhaust fans to find a model that will use less electricity and save you money.
JEA Online Account
Gain access to MyBudget, payment history, My JEA Utility Tracker, and more!