- Environmental Incident Reporting
- Our One Water
- Plug-in Electric Vehicles
- Solar Energy
International Organization for Standardization 14001
The International Organization for Standardization 14001 is a series of voluntary international environmental management standards that promote both the public interest and the users of the standards. As a community-owned, not-for-profit utility, we sought International Organization for Standardization 14001 certification because of our strong commitment to the environment and our customers. In support of this commitment, we developed an Environmental Management System for the Ridenour Water Treatment Plant.
Environmental Management System
An Environmental Management System (EMS) is a methodical approach to controlling environmental impacts. It ensures the development and implementation of standards and an audit process to correct any deficiencies or identify new aspects. JEA personnel are trained and assigned specific roles to ensure EMS compliance. Benefits of an EMS include:
- Assures customers of our commitment to the environment
- Maintains good public and community relations
- Improves cost control
- Reduces incidents that result in liability or environmental harm
- Demonstrates reasonable care
- Conserves input materials and energy
If you would like more information on our EMS, email WaterQuality@jea.com.