- Our Commitment
- Wildlife Protection
- Plug-in Electric Vehicles
- Conserve Energy by Planting Trees
- Water Sustainability
- Solar Energy
How to Apply for the Distributed Generation Program
Customers who purchase a renewable generation system for their home or business and wish to connect it to JEA’s power grid must apply for the Distributed Generation Program and follow certain steps to ensure the safety and reliability of the customer and the electric grid.
For More Information About the Program:
JEA requires that customer renewable generation systems are installed within the guidelines of its ES 20202 902 engineering standard.
Prepare Your Application
- Review JEA's Distributed Generation Policy (PDF), which details how to connect a renewable generation system to JEA’s grid.
- Complete JEA’s Application for Interconnection of Customer-Owned Distributed Generation Systems. This application will provide JEA with the specifications of the system you are considering as well as your location. JEA engineers will review the application
to ensure that the proper equipment is installed to protect the electric grid and JEA personnel working on the grid circuits where customer renewable systems are connected.
- Complete JEA's Distributed Generation Interconnection Agreement (PDF). This explains the applicable responsibilities,
electrical codes and standards, inspections, system protection, metering and other requirements for connecting to JEA’s power grid.
Customers who are considering installing a distributed generation system:
- 50 kW (or 60 kWDC) or greater may be subjected to JEA Standby and Supplemental Service (SS-1) rate.
- 2 MW or greater should contact your key account representative or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submit Your Application
Before installing a renewable generation system at your home or business, please submit your completed interconnection agreement and application to JEA for approval.
JEA DSM Coordinator
21 W Church Street – T-12
Jacksonville, FL 32202
Questions Regarding Distributed Generation
If you have any questions regarding JEA's Distributed Generation Policy please contact:
Explore Solutions and Save
Learn about all the ways JEA helps Northeast Florida families, businesses and our community thrive and how we can help you do more.