- Electric Generation Byproducts
- Advanced Technology Meters
- 2021.02.17 JEA Announces New Leadership Team
- 2021.03.11 JEA Receives First Place Safety Award from Florida Municipal Electric Association
- 2021.06.15 JEA Names Theodore B. Phillips Chief Financial Officer
- 2021.07.13 JEA Announces New COO and VP of Financial Services
- 2021.08.17 JEA Builds Out Leadership Team with Hiring of Chief External Affairs Officer
- 2021.09.15 JEA Names New Chief Information Officer, VP of Technical Services
- 2021.09.30 Ricky Erixton, JEA Vice President of Electric Systems, Named to SERC Reliability Board of Directors
- 2021.09.30 Ricardo “Rick” Morales III Appointed to JEA Board of Directors
- 2021.11.03 JEA Receives Statewide Recognition for Programs that Build Community
- 2022.01.06 JEA Names its First Director of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
- 2022.01.07 JEA Reducing Carbon Emissions with Closure of Plant Scherer Coal-fired Unit
- 2022.01.17 Statement on Holiday Road Sewer Overflow
- 2022.01.27 JEA Names Mark Stultz Vice President, Communications
- 2022.02.11 JEA Honored as Outstanding Utility by Florida Urban Forestry Council
- 2022.04.08 Steven Selders Promoted to JEA Vice President, Application Delivery and Enterprise Architecture
- 2022.04.26 JEA Managing Director & CEO Jay Stowe, Appointed to Electricity Subsector Coordinating Council
- 2022.06.01 JEA Partnering with Customers to be Ready for 2022 Hurricane Season
- 2022.06.08 JEA Announces Next Generation of Customer Experience Delivery
- 2022.06.13 JEA Presents Environmental Stewardship Award to Evoqua Water Technologies
- 2022.07.26 JEA to Suspend Electric, Water Disconnections During Peak of Summer Heat
- 2022.08.27 Precautionary Boil Water Advisory Remains in Effect for Sandalwood Area as JEA Continues Testing
- 2022.08.28 JEA Lifts Boil Water Advisory for Sandalwood Area
- 2022.09.26 JEA Prepares for Hurricane Ian, Response Procedures in Place
- 2022.09.27 JEA Prepared to Respond to Hurricane Ian Impacts
- 2022.09.28 JEA Welcomes Mutual Aid Response to Hurricane Ian
- 2022.09.29 JEA Crews Restoring Power Throughout Jacksonville
- 2022.10.03 JEA Names Pedro Melendez Vice President, Planning, Engineering & Construction
- 2022.10.20 JEA Honors Local Agency Partners for Their Work in the Community
- 2022.11.04 JEA Receives Statewide Recognition for Community Work in Northeast Florida
- 2022.11.08 JEA Prepares for Subtropical Storm Nicole
- 2022.11.11 All Storm Restorations Continue Today; JEA to Lift Limited Emergency Operations
- 2022.12.12 JEA Women's, Men's Teams Win Top Honors at Statewide Water Competition
- 2022.12.20 JEA Offers Tips in Advance of Severe Cold Weather
- 2022.12.24 JEA Offers Tips During Severe Cold Weather
- 2023.01.10 JEA Receives Statewide Recognition for Mutual Aid Work
- 2023.03.06 JEA Receives Statewide Recognition for Safety
- 2023.03.07 New JEA HQ Customer Center to Open April 10
- Jacksonville Small Emerging Business and Supplier Diversity Program
- Awards Meeting Agendas and Minutes
- Look Up an Invoice
- Bid Forms
- Requests for Information
- iSupplier Portal
- Zycus Portal
- Formal Procurement Opportunities
- Informal Procurement Opportunities
- Bid Results
- Water Facilities
- Frequent Water Questions
- H2.0 JEA's Purified Water Program
- Water Hardness Levels
- Honors and Achievements
- Strategic Focus and Core Values
- Corporate Headquarters
- Community Impact
- Benefits of Public Utilities
- Real Estate Services
- Letter from Managing Director and CEO
- Water Supply
- Residential Backflow Requirements
- Backflow Checkup Program
Backflow Preventer Checkup Program
JEA’s Backflow Preventer Checkup program helps customers with JEA residential irrigation service connections comply with state environmental regulations designed to protect the quality of our drinking water.
If Your Backflow Preventer is Due for Testing
- JEA will schedule a certified backflow preventer tester to come to your home to test your device; you do not need to be at home and the inspector will not enter your home.*
- The $35 fee for this testing will be added to your next JEA bill.
- The tester will report your test results to JEA and leave a copy of the findings at your home.
- If your backflow preventer passes the test, JEA will notify you that you are in compliance.
If you choose to hire your own Qualified Vendor to perform the testing, the Qualified Vendor must submit the passing test to JEA within 10 days of the test. View a list of Qualified Vendors
If Your Backflow Preventer Requires Repairs
- Select a vendor to make the necessary repairs.
- Once repairs are made, have your vendor retest the backflow preventer and submit the results to JEA.
- Upon receipt of a passing test result, JEA will confirm that your device is in compliance.
For more information on JEA’s Backflow Checkup program, call (904) 665-6000.
Qualified Backflow Vendors
JEA’s voluntary preferred backflow preventer vendor program offers customers a list of vendors who meet requirements set by JEA to test, repair, replace and/or install backflow preventers.
Water Quality Reports
The Annual Water Quality Report provides information on JEA’s water treatment systems, any contaminants found in the water, and answers to frequently asked questions.