- Electric Generation Byproducts
- Advanced Technology Meters
- Look Up an Invoice
- Bid Results
- Requests for Information
- iSupplier Portal
- Zycus Portal
- Bid Forms
- Jacksonville Small Emerging Business Program
- Awards Meeting Agendas and Minutes
- Real Estate Services
- Corporate Headquarters
- Honors and Achievements
- Strategic Focus and Core Values
- Community Impact
Backflow Preventer Checkup Program
JEA’s Backflow Preventer Checkup program helps customers with JEA residential irrigation service connections comply with state environmental regulations designed to protect the quality of our drinking water.
If Your Backflow Preventer is Due for Testing
- JEA will schedule a certified backflow preventer tester to come to your home to test your device; you do not need to be at home and the inspector will not enter your home.*
- The $35 fee for this testing will be added to your next JEA bill.
- The tester will report your test results to JEA and leave a copy of the findings at your home.
- If your backflow preventer passes the test, JEA will notify you that you are in compliance.
If you choose to hire your own Qualified Vendor to perform the testing, the Qualified Vendor must submit the passing test to JEA within 10 days of the test. View a list of Qualified Vendors
If Your Backflow Preventer Requires Repairs
- Select a vendor to make the necessary repairs.
- Once repairs are made, have your vendor retest the backflow preventer and submit the results to JEA.
- Upon receipt of a passing test result, JEA will confirm that your device is in compliance.
For more information on JEA’s Backflow Checkup program, call (904) 665-6000.