- Advanced Technology Meters
- Electric Generation Byproducts
- Plant Vogtle
- Awards Meeting Agendas and Minutes
- Bid Forms
- Bid Results
- Formal Procurement Opportunities
- Informal Procurement Opportunities
- Jacksonville Small Emerging Business Program
- Look Up an Invoice
- Requests for Information
- Local Discharge Limits
- National Pretreatment Program Regulations
- Pretreatment Program Compliance Forms
- Pretreatment Program, Permits, Surveys and Applications
- Commercial Reclaimed Water
- Reclaimed Water
- Sanitary Sewer Overflows
- Sanitary Sewer Smoke Testing
- St. Johns River
- Wastewater Treatment Byproducts
- Wastewater Treatment Process
- What Not to Flush
- By the Numbers
- Community Impact
- Corporate Headquarters
- Government Relations
- Honors and Achievements
- Real Estate Services
- Vision, Mission and Values
Electric Generation Byproducts
Located in Jacksonville, Florida, our Northside Generating Station houses two circulating fluidized bed (CFB) boilers, which are fired with petroleum coke blended with coal. Limestone is also added to create thermal mass and is used as a scrubbing medium to remove sulfurous gases. During the firing process, two byproducts are generated: fly ash and bed ash.
Bed Ash and Fly Ash
Bed ash (sometimes called bottom ash) is the byproduct produced from the boiler. In turn, fly ash is the byproduct produced from the stack. While the elemental composition of the ashes is similar, and both carry an elevated pH, they vary greatly in weight and particle size.
These two ashes are sold in their dry forms as EZSorb fly and EZSorb bed. Under specific conditions, they are excellent materials that can be used to stabilize dredge spoils, solidify liquid wastes, neutralize acidic wastes, and more.
At our Northside Generating Station, we take these dry ash Byproducts and mix them with water to create slurry. We also follow a rigorous, well established process of stirring, drying, processing, milling, and more to turn this ash and water mixture into the value-added byproducts EZBase and EZBasePlus.
EZBase and EZBasePlus are used in many road building and other civil construction projects. When properly processed, these Byproducts are excellent substitutes for traditional civil construction materials such as lime rock, concrete, recycled concrete and asphalt.
For more information on purchasing these Byproducts or to receive free samples of EZBase or EZSorb for bench testing, please contact us at email@example.com.