- Ways to Save
- Efficiency Investments
- Heating and Cooling Tips
- Lighting Savings
- Low-Cost Tips
- No-Cost Tips
- Office Equipment Savings
- Custom Business Energy Upgrades
- Heating, Cooling and Air Handling Rebates
- Lighting Solutions
- Refrigeration Solutions
- Roofing and Window Film Solutions
- Small Business Energy Upgrades
- Trade Allies
- Water Heating Solutions
- CFL Disposal
- New Home Build Resources
- Non-Road Electrotechnology
Water Saving Tips
Following simple water conservation tips each day can help significantly cut your water usage and help lower your water bill. Whether you install low flow shower heads or invest in a high efficiency washing machine, you can see reduced water bills within the first month. By giving a little extra effort to conserve water each day, you alone can make a difference for the planet and our future generations. Below are some water saving tips to help you get started!
- Take shorter showers, a ten minute shower with a low flow shower head can use less water than a full bath.
- Turn off the hose while washing car, allowing the hose to run can waste up to 150 gallons per washing.
- Avoid letting the water run while washing dishes, brushing your teeth, washing your hands, or shaving.
- Wash full loads of laundry using cold water and the short or energy cycle.
- Scrape dishes clean instead of rinsing them before loading in the dishwasher. Only run your dishwasher when it is full and use the air-dry option if available.
- Repair leaky faucets and inspect all faucets regularly for leaks.
- Install high efficiency faucet aerators in kitchen and bathroom sinks.
- Use EPA WaterSense Showerheads and faucets that use up to 30% less water.
- Use EPA WaterSense High Performance Toilets that use 20% less water than conventional toilets.
- Never run your irrigation system more than two times per week April - October and no more than once a week November - March.*
- Schedule a Free Irrigation Assessment to learn how to use your irrigation system more efficiently and how to avoid over watering.
*New sod may require additional watering.
JEA Online Account
Gain access to MyBudget, payment history, My JEA Utility Tracker, and more!