Following simple water conservation tips each day can help significantly cut your water usage and help lower your water bill. Whether you install low flow shower heads or invest in a high efficiency washing machine, you can see reduced water bills within the first month. By giving a little extra effort to conserve water each day, you alone can make a difference for the planet and our future generations. Below are some water saving tips to help you get started!
- Take shorter showers, a ten minute shower with a low flow shower head can use less water than a full bath.
- Turn off the hose while washing car, allowing the hose to run can waste up to 150 gallons per washing.
- Avoid letting the water run while washing dishes, brushing your teeth, washing your hands, or shaving.
- Wash full loads of laundry using cold water and the short or energy cycle.
- Scrape dishes clean instead of rinsing them before loading in the dishwasher. Only run your dishwasher when it is full and use the air-dry option if available.
- Repair leaky faucets and inspect all faucets regularly for leaks.
- Install high efficiency faucet aerators in kitchen and bathroom sinks.
- Use EPA WaterSense Showerheads and faucets that use up to 30% less water.
- Use EPA WaterSense High Performance Toilets that use 20% less water than conventional toilets.
- Never run your irrigation system more than two times per week April - October and no more than once a week November - March.*
- Schedule a Free Irrigation Assessment to learn how to use your irrigation system more efficiently and how to avoid over watering.
*New sod may require additional watering.