- Ways to Save
Investing in Efficiency
Investing in efficiency upgrades for your home can provide significant energy savings on your monthly bill. Some efficiency upgrades below may even qualify for a ShopSmart with JEA rebate that can help lower your initial investment.
- Install LED lighting in high-use and difficult to reach areas, they save energy and reduce maintenance frequency. Save on the upfront costs with ShopSmart with JEA lighting rebates.
- Make sure your attic is well insulated, 12” (R38) is ideal. If in need of insulation, you can save on the upfront costs with ShopSmart with JEA with attic insulation rebates.
- Install insulated double pane windows.
- Install low-emissivity coatings to windows. Low-e coating is a thin transparent coating of silver or tin oxide on the glass surface or on a suspended plastic film, which lets short-wavelength sunlight pass through, but blocks longer-wavelength heat radiation.
- Purchase ENERGY STAR® labeled products. Get more information and a list of vendors
- Install an Energy Star heat pump water heater or a solar water heater.
Save on the upfront costs with ShopSmart with JEA solar water heater rebates.
- Upgrade to high efficiency HVAC equipment to lower heating and cooling costs.
- Save on the upfront costs with ShopSmart with JEA HVAC rebates.
- If you are planning a kitchen or bathroom renovation in the near future, try following some of our bathroom remodel tips and kitchen remodel tips so you can see the savings once your renovation is complete.
*Remember to do your research before you sign a contract.
JEA Online Account
Gain access to MyBudget, payment history, My JEA Utility Tracker, and more!