The JEA Non-Road Electrotechnology (NRE) Program promotes the purchase or lease* of or conversion to electric equipment as an alternative to diesel or propane powered equipment. Through this program, JEA helps our customers save money and improve air quality throughout our service area.
JEA offers prescriptive financial incentives to customers who purchase select electric equipment to help them save money and reduce local air pollution. Custom incentives are available upon request for retrofits, infrastructure upgrades, and alternative technologies.
Complete an application or check the status of your rebate
(Authorized Third-Party Vendor)
JEA commercial customers who purchase a qualified electric technology may apply for rebates, which include the following:
- Forklifts: $300
- Aircraft Tractors/Pushbacks: $400
- Baggage/Tow Tractors: $250
- Belt Loaders: $100
- GPUs: $600
- e-TRUs: $200
- H-D TSE: $200
- Cranes: $15,000 to $75,000
- Golf Carts: $50
Case Study: Wagner Logistics
Wagner Logistics, a Jacksonville, FL third party logistics company, recently upgrading their entire fleet of propane forklifts.
Learn about the surprising benefits that came along with the upgrade!
Benefits of Electrotechnology
- Reduced Lifecycle Costs: Typically about 90 percent fewer moving parts than internal combustion-powered engines with no engine fluids or hoses.
- Lower Fuel Consumption: Can reduce fuel costs by up to 50 to 70 percent and decrease exposure to volatile gasoline prices.
- Safer and More Efficient Work Atmosphere: Less noise congestion due to the quiet operation of electric-powered equipment makes it easier for workers to pay better attention to what is happening around them.
- Cleaner and Healthier Work Environment: Produces zero site emissions: does not release NOx, particulates, hydrocarbons, or carbon monoxide into the air in employee work areas.
*Rebates for the leasing of equipment is prorated against the specified life-cycle of the specific measure.