- Residential Customers
- Lighting Rebates
- Attic Insulation Rebates
- Heating and Cooling Rebates
- Solar Water Heating Rebates
- Electric Vehicle Incentives
- Solar Battery Incentive Program
- Electric Lawn Equipment Rebates
- Clothes Washers and Dishwashers Rebates
- Irrigation Controller and Nozzle Rebates
- Landscape Transformation Rebates
- Toilet Replacement Rebates
- Get Assistance
- Residential Backflow Requirements
- Billing and Payment Options
- Community Resources
- Residential Customers
- Ways to Save
- Water Conservation
By giving a little extra effort to conserve water each day, you alone can make a difference for the planet and our future generations. From taking shorter showers to watering your lawn less frequently, there are numerous things you can do to conserve water, which can in turn lower your bill.
Irrigation Tips for Conservation
Did you know? An estimated 30 percent of the water JEA provides our customers is used outdoors, primarily for irrigation. An estimated 35 to 50 percent of that water is wasted because of evaporation, runoff and more. Knowing and following your watering days, as well as following the tips below can help conserve precious resources and help you lower your water bill.
Know Your Watering Days*
Daylight Saving Time: Second Sunday in March until first Sunday in November
- Odd numbered/No address: Wednesday & Saturday
- Even numbered address: Thursday & Sunday
- Non-residential Property: Tuesday & Friday
Eastern Standard Time: First Sunday in November until the second Sunday in March
- Odd numbered/No address: Saturday
- Even numbered address: Sunday
- Non-residential Property: Tuesday
More Irrigation Tips
Invest in a WaterSense labeled irrigation controller.
- Inspect sprinkler heads and make sure to aim them toward your landscape and not the sidewalk. A broken head can waste 25,000 gallons of water in six months.
- Redesign your landscape with Florida Native plants that thrive with less water. Two great resources for Florida-Friendly Landscaping include FloridaYards.org and UF/IFAS Florida Friendly Landscaping.
- Water only when needed, and only up to twice per week during your assigned days.
- Don’t water when it’s windy.
Free Irrigation Assessments
JEA lawn irrigation experts are available to help you evaluate your home irrigation system.
Interested in learning more? The St. Johns Water Management District has even more information on how you can do your part to conserve. Visit the SJRMWD Website
Conserve Water Inside Your Home
Water leaks, especially in running toilets, are the #1 reason customers see their consumption increase. Look for and fix any running toilets.
- Take shorter showers. A ten minute shower with a low flow shower head uses less water than a full bath.
- Run only full loads in the dishwasher, and before putting your dishes in, scrape them clean instead of rinsing them. Use the air-dry option if available. When hand-washing dishes, avoid letting the water run.
- Turn off the water when brushing your teeth, washing your hands and shaving.
- Wash only full loads of laundry using cold water and the short/energy cycle.
- Install high efficiency faucet aerators in kitchen and bathroom sinks.
- Upgrade to newer faucets that use up to 30% less water. Learn about EPA WaterSense Showerheads
- Upgrade to newer toilets that use 20% less water than conventional toilets. Learn about EPA WaterSense High Performance Toilets
Working to Reduce Water Consumption
To help reduce the amount of water drawn from the aquifer to water lawns, JEA encourages the use of reclaimed water in new housing developments and wherever else it might be feasible, such as at area golf courses.
*Watering days are mandated by the St. Johns River Water Management District. Restrictions may apply to private wells and pumps, ground or surface water and water from public and private utilities.
Explore Solutions and Save
Learn about all the ways JEA helps Northeast Florida families, businesses and our community thrive and how we can help you do more.
Making energy-efficiency upgrades to your home is a smart move. JEA offers a wide range of rebate programs to save you money on home energy upgrades.
Managing your energy and water consumption is your first step to bringing your utility bill under control. Our tools can help you do just that.