Windows let in light, but did you know that you could be sending money out the window without proper window protection?
ShopSmart with JEA can help by offering discounts on window film that keeps the heat of summer out and reduces indoor cooling costs.
- Repel heat and reduce energy usage without spoiling the look of your home.
- Keep your central air conditioner from having to work harder.
- Still allow light to pass into your home for a cheerful atmosphere.
- Protect curtains, furniture and carpet from fading.
- Prevent glare and reflections on your television and computer screen.
Customers may choose to install window tinting or solar screening on any east, west or southern exposure window (south, southeast and southwest) and receive a JEA rebate of up to $30 per window depending on the type of home. Maximun 10 windows per home or $300. Rebates are available for JEA electric customers only.
- Types of home are single family, mobile homes or 2-4 multi-unit homes.
To receive your ShopSmart with JEA rebate:
- Contact one of our pre-qualified contractors who will provide an in-home consultation.
- If you decide to move forward and have the work done on your home, present the pre-qualified contractor with the coupon in this brochure.
- The JEA rebate will be clearly indicated on your invoice as a deduction from the total price including installation. JEA encourages our customers to get three estimates from pre-qualified contractors before making your final decision.
- "Pre-qualified" means JEA has obtained a copy of each contractor's license and insurance and has checked the contractor's history with the Better Business Bureau. The choice of contractor and the work completed is between you and your contractor. JEA encourages each customer to fully understand all work being proposed and performed by your contractor.
Click here for a list of JEA pre-qualified window film contractors. For more information, call our ShopSmart with JEA hotline: 877-862-7043
JEA encourages our customers to get at least three estimates, ask for references and to check out any professional you may consider hiring via the Better Business Bureau and/or the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is window film?
Window film, usually installed on the inside of windows, blocks a significant amount of the sun's radiation from entering your home.
- Will window film darken my home?
No. Window film blocks energy loss – not your view or the daylight.
- What colors does it come in?
Window film comes in a wide variety of shades.
- Will it peel or bubble?
No. Window films don’t bubble, crack, peel, delaminate, fade or discolor.
- How long does it last?
Professionally-installed window film lasts for years and pays for itself over time in energy savings.
- How do I clean it?
The same way you clean your windows now. After 30 days, use normal household cleaning solutions and a soft, lint-free cloth or towel.
- What is the main difference between solar screens and window film?
Solar screens are installed on the outside of your window, which blocks the heat and light before it enters your home.
- Are solar screens removable?
Yes, one of the benefits of solar screens is that it can be easily removed with a standard screwdriver.
- Do solar screens offer privacy?
During the daytime, solar screens offer complete privacy from people looking inside your home.
- Will solar screens reduce fading?
Solar screens block 90% of the sun's rays from entering your home, which will greatly reduce fading on furniture and flooring.