What you need to start service
- Social Security number / FEI Number*
- Driver’s license or state identification
- If you are a renter, a copy of your lease agreement
- Complete address where service is to be started
- Date you wish to start your service
- Deposit, if required
Can I start my service on the same day?
JEA can start, stop and transfer service - where service has existed previously - fairly quickly. Here’s what you can expect:
- If the order for service was requested prior to the start date or up to 3:00 p.m. the same day, we will get your service on as soon as possible by close of business on the day you requested.
- If the order was placed after 3:01 p.m., the service will start on the next business day, excluding Sundays and holidays. If your home or business is a new service point, it may take a little longer.
Helpful tips when starting service
Billing and Payment Options
We offer a variety of convenient options that let you decide how you want to pay, manage, and receive your bill. You can sign up for paperless billing, auto-pay, MyBudget - our payment averaging plan - and more. Learn more about JEA billing and payment options.
When convenience is what matters most, stop by one of our authorized payment-only locations located all over the city.
Our Customer Care Center representatives are available to provide a full range of services to our customers. Visit our full service branch in downtown Jacksonville located at 21 W. Church St. to talk with a representative.
*Learn more about our Social Security Number Policy