- In Our Community
- Connecting to the JEA Vacuum Sewer System
- Connecting to the JEA Water System
- Construction Terms
- King Street Emergency Sewer Repair Project
- Meet the Project Outreach Team
- Move Over Law
- Park Street Emergency Sewer Repair
- Project Outreach Contact Form
- Riverview Water Main Installation Projects
- Septic Tank Phase Out
- Site Restoration
- Trenchless Technology
- Absorption and Reflection
- Building a Well-Insulated Home
- Contaminating an Aquifer
- Flushable or Not Flushable?
- How Much to Water Plants?
- Learning About Lawns
- Modeling Beach Erosion
- Underground Water
- Watching Plants Breathe
- Water to Vapor, Water to Ice
- What Dirties the Water? (And How Can We Clean It Up?)
- What Makes Drought-Tolerant Plants Work?
- What's Growing in the Water?
- JEA at the MOSH
- JEA Power Pals
- JEA Power Pals Form
- School Performances
- Teacher Resources
- Call Before You Dig
- Community Investment
- Employee Giving
- Get Assistance
- Give Assistance
- Join Our Email Community
- Light It Forward Award
- Neighbor to Neighbor Donation Form
- Neighborhood Energy Efficiency Program
- Our One Water
- Our Partners
- Prosperity Scholarship Fund Donation Form
Employee Ambassador Program Guidelines
JEA supports the communities it serves by having Ambassadors participate in a variety of community activities and events through numerous channels. The goal of the Ambassador Program is to engage, educate and inform customers and the community about JEA, conservation, energy efficiency and the numerous products and services offered to customers.
JEA Employee Ambassador Program requests are received by the Community Engagement Coordinator and forwarded for review to the JEA Employee Ambassador Program Advisory Committee on a regular basis. The approved requests will be emailed to the list of Ambassadors in an effort to find willing participants. When time permits, the Requests will also be sent out in Currents, again seeking Ambassadors willing to participate.
- JEA Employee Ambassador Program will consider requests submitted by any organization, school, group, agency, church, homeowners association, etc.
- Requests must be received a minimum of 2 weeks prior to the date of the event (Exceptions can be made at the discretion of the SLT, Director, Manager, Coordinator or Advisory Committee)
- Event or activity must allow for Ambassadors to engage, educate or provide information to JEA customers or potential customers
- Event or activity must take place within JEA service territory or a location where JEA customers will be or could potentially attend
- Certain events or activities must have a minimum number or attendees in order for it to be worthy of JEA employees taking time away from normal work responsibilities (i.e., Facility Tours must have a minimum of 5 attendees)
JEA Employee Ambassador Program is overseen by an employee Ambassador advisory committee that selects community volunteer activities. JEA considers participating in projects which are driven by the needs of the community and are:
- Collaborative projects between non-profit organizations in the JEA service area
- Accessible/open to the public
Project suggestions submitted by employees will also be reviewed by the advisory committee.
JEA Employee Ambassador Program does not provide support to:
- Events or activities that are outside of the JEA service area
- Events or activities that could be viewed as JEA support of a political party or candidate
- Events or activities that are deemed unsafe or offensive by the Ambassador Advisory Committee and could possible put JEA employees or others in harm’s way
- Any organization that discriminates on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability or veteran status
- Any organization that conducts itself in an unethical, illegal or immoral manner
*JEA reserves the right to turn down any requests that the JEA Employee Ambassador Advisory Committee feels does not agree with the Mission, Values and Goals of JEA.
The purpose of these guidelines is to provide overall guidance and direction to prospective companies interested in having JEA Ambassadors engaged in mutually-agreed upon Ambassador activities. These guidelines are intended for guidance only, and do not constitute, either implicitly or explicitly, a binding contractual or personnel agreement. JEA reserves the exclusive right to change any of these policies at any time and to expect adherence to the changed policy. Changes to or exceptions from these policies may only be granted by the Ambassador Program Manager or an authorized JEA representative, and must be obtained in advance and in writing. Areas not specifically covered by these policies shall be determined by the Volunteer Program Manager.
JEA is committed to serving our customers and the community and will do our best to fulfill scheduled activities. However, it may be necessary to postpone or cancel said activities due circumstances beyond the Company’s control. JEA reserves the right to cancel events including but not limited to Ambassador activities, Ambassador events, facility tours, workshops and seminars due to work related demands, inclement weather, natural disaster, fire, destruction, war, governmental order, quarantine and administrative evacuation (i.e. bomb threats), safety concerns or other forces or events outside of Company’s control.
Ambassador Safety and Work Environment
Safety is a number one priority for JEA and their employees who engage with Ambassador activities. An appropriate activity and event location shall be established prior to the enrollment of any Ambassador. This event location shall contain necessary facilities, equipment, and space to enable the Ambassadors to effectively and comfortably perform their duties. JEA reserves the right to decline any Ambassador activities that they deem as a risk to employees, including the ability to request JEA’s Safety Department, if applicable, to inspect and make recommendations for the worksite in order for JEA employees to volunteer.
- Non-profit, civic, social or educational organizations, groups or institutions requesting support from JEA should complete a JEA Ambassador Request Form.
- The request forms will be received and initially reviewed by the Community Engagement Coordinator, if they meet the basic criteria they will then be forwarded to the JEA Employee Ambassador Advisory Committee for further review.
- All applicants will be notified of the acceptance/declination of their request within 2 - 4 days of being reviewed
Storm Preparation Tip
Make sure your JEA account information is up to date so we can reach you with power restoration updates.