- In Our Community
- Connecting to the JEA Vacuum Sewer System
- Connecting to the JEA Water System
- Construction Terms
- Jacksonville Golf and Country Club Sewer Improvement Project
- Meet the Project Outreach Team
- Move Over Law
- Ponce De Leon - Well #3 Water Improvement Project
- Project Outreach Contact Form
- Riverview Water Main Installation Projects
- Septic Tank Phase Out
- Site Restoration
- Trenchless Technology
- Absorption and Reflection
- Building a Well-Insulated Home
- Contaminating an Aquifer
- Flushable or Not Flushable?
- How Much to Water Plants?
- Learning About Lawns
- Modeling Beach Erosion
- Underground Water
- Watching Plants Breathe
- Water to Vapor, Water to Ice
- What Dirties the Water? (And How Can We Clean It Up?)
- What Makes Drought-Tolerant Plants Work?
- What's Growing in the Water?
- JEA at the MOSH
- JEA Power Pals
- JEA Power Pals Form
- School Performances
- Teacher Resources
- Call Before You Dig
- Community Investment
- Employee Giving
- Get Assistance
- Give Assistance
- Join Our Email Community
- Light It Forward Award
- Neighbor to Neighbor Donation Form
- Neighborhood Energy Efficiency Program
- Our One Water
- Our Partners
- Prosperity Scholarship Fund Donation Form
Employee Volunteer Program Guidelines
JEA supports the communities it serves by contributing volunteer resources to non‐profit programs and projects that help improve the quality of life in the Jacksonville community through its JEA Employee Volunteer Program.
JEA Employee Volunteer Program projects are reviewed by the JEA Employee Volunteer Program Advisory Committee on a quarterly basis. Project suggestions submitted by employees will also be reviewed by the advisory committee.
JEA Employee Volunteer Program will consider projects submitted by organizations that are public sector organizations such as a city agency, a city department, a regulatory agency or that have a tax‐exempt classification under sections 501 (c) (3) or 170 (c) of the United States Internal Revenue Code.
- Driven by the needs of the community
- Collaborative projects between non‐profit organizations in the JEA service area
- Accessible/open to the public
- All requests must be received a minimum of (4) four weeks prior to the scheduled event date
Ineligible Projects or Groups
- Individuals, political, labor, religions, fraternal or sports groups
- Fundraising events with the exception of United Way, Community Health Charities and Black HistoryMonth (PA 10500 BM 135 FUND RAISING)
- Projects that are outside of the JEA service area
- Any organization that discriminates on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability or veteran status
- Any organization that conducts itself in an unethical, illegal or immoral manner
Non‐profit organizations or educational institutions requesting support from JEA should complete our Employee Volunteer Program Request Form. The request forms will be reviewed by the JEA Employee Volunteer Program Advisory Committee. All applicants will be notified of the acceptance/declination of their request within 4 weeks of being reviewed.
The purpose of these guidelines is to provide overall guidance and direction to prospective companies interested in having JEA volunteers engaged in mutually-agreed upon volunteer efforts. These guidelines are intended for guidance only, and do not constitute, either implicitly or explicitly, a binding contractual or personnel agreement. JEA reserves the exclusive right to change any of these policies at any time and to expect adherence to the changed policy. Changes to or exceptions from these policies may only be granted by the Volunteer Program Manager or an authorized JEA representative, and must be obtained in advance and in writing. Areas not specifically covered by these policies shall be determined by the Volunteer Program Manager.
JEA is committed to serve our customers and community and will do our best to fulfill scheduled activities. However, it may be necessary to postpone or cancel said activities due circumstances beyond the Company’s control. JEA reserves the right to cancel events including but not limited to volunteer activities, ambassador events, facility tours, workshops and seminars due to work related demands, inclement weather, natural disaster, fire, destruction, war, governmental order, quarantine and administrative evacuation (i.e. bomb threats), safety concerns or other forces or events outside of Company’s control.
Volunteer Safety and Work Environment
Safety is a number one priority for JEA and their employees who engage with volunteer services. An appropriate activity and worksite shall be established prior to the enrollment of any volunteer. This worksite shall contain necessary facilities, equipment, and space to enable the volunteer to effectively and comfortably perform their duties. JEA reserves the right to decline any volunteer activities that they deem as a risk to employees, including the ability to request JEA’s Safety Department, if applicable, to inspect and make recommendations for the worksite in order for JEA employees to volunteer.
Policy for Minors Engaged with Volunteer Activities
Volunteers who have not reached 18 years of age must have the written consent of a parent or legal guardian prior to volunteering and be accompanied by parent or legal guardian, employed by JEA during volunteer activity. The volunteer services assigned to a minor should be performed in a non-hazardous environment and should comply with all appropriate requirements of child labor laws.
Policy for Company Liability Release Waivers and/or Consent Requiring Employee Signature and/or Authorization
Company agrees to provide a copy of any document requiring employee signature or authorization for volunteer work to be performed in advance of the volunteer activity a minimum of twenty (20) business days for review by JEA. JEA reserves the right to make requested revisions as needed prior to the activity for mutual agreement between both parties.
Storm Preparation Tip
Make sure your JEA account information is up to date so we can reach you with power restoration updates.