- Engineering and Construction
- Connect Water or Sewer Service
- Five Year Capital Expenditures
- Meter Search
- Request an As-Built Drawing
- Service Availability Form
Manufacturer Product Approval Guidelines
The following information provides guidelines for JEA Water and Wastewater Standards product approval. The manufacturer shall submit electronically to JEA’s Unsolicited Vendor Contact via email to email@example.com.
- Cover letter including name of manufacturer, brief history, contact information and manufacturer’s website.
- Overview of product, a statement that the proposed product meets or exceeds current JEA standards as stated in section, sub-section of the JEA Water and Wastewater Standards manual.
- A request that the product be reviewed for standardization.
- Benefits of product compared to current JEA approved products.
- References in Florida (including JEA if applicable) with contact names and numbers.
- The information submitted will be forwarded to the Water and Wastewater Standards Department by JEA’s Unsolicited Vendors’ office. The information will be added to the appropriate Water and Wastewater Standards Committee agenda as a discussion item. The Committee will review the manufacturer’s request and qualifications. JEA will provide a response of either accepted, approved for further study as noted at 1.2.3, or not accepted along with an explanation.
- JEA may elect to tour the manufacturer’s facilities to aid in the approval/disapproval decision.
- Manufacturers with acceptable submittals are qualified for product review and testing/ evaluation if applicable.
- Manufacturers with unacceptable submittals shall be notified of the need for additional submittal information if applicable.
Product Approval Process
Manufacturers with approved submittals shall have their products reviewed by the applicable Water and Wastewater Standards Committee. The committee will table, evaluate, or approve/disapprove the proposed product.
- Tabling a Product: The Committee will decide when the topic shall be re-reviewed: reasons include request for more information, limited meeting time or further review is needed.
- Product evaluation: Products will be tested in the JEA system typically for one year. Qualified manufacturers for testing shall supply product(s) to JEA for testing at no cost to JEA. Once the evaluation period is completed the committee will approve/disapprove the product. If all testing requirements are met, an acceptance letter will be sent, if not accepted, a rejection letter with reason(s) for not qualifying will be sent.
- Approved manufacturers shall have the approved product listed in JEA’s Approved Material Catalog and shall be eligible to supply the product in the JEA system.
- It shall be the responsibility of the Manufacturer to follow the product’s progression through the JEA approval process.
- Product/part number changes: if the manufacturer changes the design of the product or part number JEA Water and Wastewater Standards Department shall be notified. The manufacturer shall provide the original product cut sheet as well as the proposed cut sheet for JEA’s review. Upon completion of the review the manufacturer will be informed if the change is acceptable to JEA.
Additional Requirements for Water Meter Approval
- Meters shall be installed per the JEA Water and Wastewater Standards and successfully transmit daily reads through the automated meter reading system for a period of 365 days.
- After 365 days the meters shall be removed and bench tested. The meters shall pass JEA’s current bench testing standard operating procedure in accordance with AWWA C-700 accuracy standards for new water meters.
Additional Requirements for Wastewater Control Panels
Documentation to be Provided
- The Authorized Control Panel Manufacturing Facility shall be located in the JEA service area. The address of where the panels will be manufactured shall be provided.
- The Authorized Control Panel Manufacturing Facility shall provide UL 508A documentation showing that they are a qualified UL508A shop.
- The Authorized Control Panel Manufacturing Facility shall have in house quality control programs, testing capability to fully test and certify each control panel. An example of a current test procedure shall be provided.
- The Authorized Control Panel Manufacturing Facility shall provide a resume with names and experience of the people meeting the requirements below.
- The Authorized Control Panel Manufacturing Facility shall be regularly engaged in the manufacturing of Municipal and Industrial Control Panels and shall have no less than 10 years of staff experience in the Wastewater Controls Market which will ensure professional products being produced and knowledgeable maintenance and service being offered.
- The Authorized Control Panel Manufacturing Facility shall have manufacturer trained staff knowledgeable in all products related to the components in the JEA standard panels including Programmable Controllers, Programming Software, Controls, Circuit Protection and Variable Frequency Drives.
- In the event that a panel needs to be worked on in the field the Authorized Control Panel Manufacturing Facility must be either JEA Level “A” Safety Qualified or contract one of the JEA Level “A” qualified contractors. The Authorized Control Panel Manufacturing Facility shall provide at least one of the two options below. Contact the JEA Safety & Health Services Department if you need assistance.
- Provide evidence that the Authorized Control Panel Manufacturing Facility is JEA Safety Qualified Level “A”.
- Provide the names and contact information of the JEA Safety Qualified Level “A” Contractors that will be used in the event field work is required.
Authorized Control Panel Manufacturing Facility Agreements
- All components, as outlined in the Control Panel Specifications shall not vary from the Manufacturers specified unless approved in writing by the JEA Standards Committee.
- JEA representatives will be allowed to witness test and certify test results upon request.
- The Authorized Control Panel Manufacturing Facility shall provide onsite startup, as coordinated by JEA.
- The Authorized Control Panel Manufacturing Facility shall provide 2 hour emergency 24/7 service in the event of an equipment malfunction as required for the first 12 months from delivery to JEA.
- Pump Station control panels shall be completely wired at the manufacturing facility toured by JEA representatives.
- The manufacturing facility shall ship the control panels to a location in the JEA service area as specified for inspection and approval. The manufacturer will be responsible for return or repair of panel if not approved by JEA.
- The Authorized Control Panel Manufacturing Facility shall be able to produce a control panel within 2 weeks in an emergency and within 6 weeks in a non-emergency situation.
- Each panel will be inspected at startup and will be rated for vendor performance; this is to ensure that JEA Specifications, Standards and Drawings are being adhered to and up to date. If an Authorized Control Panel Manufacturing Facility continues to score below expectations per the JEA Vendor Performance Program will be removed from the list of Authorized Control Panel Manufacturing Facilities.
- The Authorized Control Panel Manufacturing Facility shall build to the latest Specification, Standards and Drawings.
Request A Drawing
As-Built drawings represent the final detailed 'blueprints' as to how infrastructure was installed during construction.