- Engineering and Construction
- Connect Water or Sewer Service
- Stages of a Project
- JEA Capacity, Tap and Meter Fee Increase Updates
- Request an As-Built Drawing
- Water and Wastewater Standards
- Five Year Capital Expenditures
- Call Before You Dig
- Service Availability Form
- Meter Search
- JEA Facilities Standards
- Community-Initiated Projects
Underground Apartment Development
An Underground Apartment Development (UAD) is an underground electric distribution system where each secondary service lateral supplies more than one electric meter (ganged meters). In addition to traditional Multi-family Apartment homes, Townhomes are also considered a UAD project. Use the UAD Check List and related links below as your submittal package guide.
Documents, Procedures and Checklist for Underground Apartment Development
- Check List UAD
- Letter of Intent/Rules of Engagement
- Lighting Procedure
- Electric Development Standardization of Files and Drawings
- Apartment Master Site Plan
- JEA Seed (CAD files) for Engineers - When submitting designs, please download the appropriate seed file for the appropriate configurations:
Once you have gathered all the items from the project check list, submit the collective package to our Electric Development Inbox at email@example.com for evaluation. Please allow 3 to 5 business days for review and response. Once any corrections are addressed, the project submittal is accepted and assigned to a Project Engineer for electric design. You'll receive a confirmation email introducing the Project Engineer who will be your lead point of contact through electric construction completion.
Developer will provide:
- An acceptable submittal package (above)
- All conduit, transformer pads and secondary pull-boxes
- Installation of the conduit system
- Reimbursement for upgraded lighting
- Street light bases and installation for upgraded lighting
- Reimbursement for JEA beautification work
- Required easements
- 12 month conduit system warranty from system acceptance date
JEA will provide:
- Electric System design
- Manholes and pits
- Standard Lights
- Overhead line removal within the development boundaries
- Overhead relocation for entrance way
- Primary cable and transformers
We look forward to working with you. At JEA, it’s our mission to energize our community through high-value energy and water solutions. We want to be your premier service provider, valued asset and vital partner in advancing our community.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Find out more information about our Electric Development process.
The Future of Planning and Development
JEA is implementing a cloud-based solution for our water and wastewater planning and development team, eliminating paper plans while maintaining digital files for our records.