You can get free alerts via text* and email:
- When your bill is ready to be viewed
- When your bill due date is a few days away
- When your payment has posted
- When your usage has reached a certain dollar, electric (kWh) or water (gal) amount
- When an outage you reported has an updated status such as crew assigned, estimated restoration time and cause.
- When a service disconnection notice has been sent
- When service is started or stopped
Edit Your Alert Preferences
You can change your alert preferences, contact information or unsubscribe at any time by signing into your online account.
Billing alert thresholds include the total cost for all services on the account (e.g. electric, water, sewer, irrigation). If you have more than one electric or water service on your account, the threshold you set will be a total of them.
Report and Monitor an Outage Via Text
Reporting an electric outage to JEA is now as simple as sending a text!
To register, text REG to MyJEA (69532). Once registered, Text OUT to "MyJEA" (69532) to report your outage. To ensure we can associate the outage with your address, when texting REG or OUT to 69532, please use the mobile phone number registered
to your JEA account. You can easily confirm the number
on file or register additional numbers for outage alerts through the alert preference center.
You will also automatically receive updates for any issues you report to your preferred medium (text, email or phone).
You can always manage your alert preferences with your jea.com account:
- Sign in to your Consumption & Outage Alerts preferences.
- Click "Outage Alert".
- Click "Add Contact".
- Enter your contact information and click "Save Changes".
Get Outage Alerts