- Electric Generation Byproducts
- Advanced Technology Meters
- 2021.02.17 JEA Announces New Leadership Team
- 2021.03.11 JEA Receives First Place Safety Award from Florida Municipal Electric Association
- 2021.06.15 JEA Names Theodore B. Phillips Chief Financial Officer
- 2021.07.13 JEA Announces New COO and VP of Financial Services
- 2021.08.17 JEA Builds Out Leadership Team with Hiring of Chief External Affairs Officer
- 2021.09.15 JEA Names New Chief Information Officer, VP of Technical Services
- 2021.09.30 Ricky Erixton, JEA Vice President of Electric Systems, Named to SERC Reliability Board of Directors
- 2021.09.30 Ricardo “Rick” Morales III Appointed to JEA Board of Directors
- 2021.11.03 JEA Receives Statewide Recognition for Programs that Build Community
- 2022.01.06 JEA Names its First Director of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
- 2022.01.07 JEA Reducing Carbon Emissions with Closure of Plant Scherer Coal-fired Unit
- 2022.01.17 Statement on Holiday Road Sewer Overflow
- 2022.01.27 JEA Names Mark Stultz Vice President, Communications
- 2022.02.11 JEA Honored as Outstanding Utility by Florida Urban Forestry Council
- 2022.04.08 Steven Selders Promoted to JEA Vice President, Application Delivery and Enterprise Architecture
- 2022.04.26 JEA Managing Director & CEO Jay Stowe, Appointed to Electricity Subsector Coordinating Council
- 2022.06.01 JEA Partnering with Customers to be Ready for 2022 Hurricane Season
- 2022.06.08 JEA Announces Next Generation of Customer Experience Delivery
- 2022.06.13 JEA Presents Environmental Stewardship Award to Evoqua Water Technologies
- 2022.07.26 JEA to Suspend Electric, Water Disconnections During Peak of Summer Heat
- 2022.08.27 Precautionary Boil Water Advisory Remains in Effect for Sandalwood Area as JEA Continues Testing
- 2022.08.28 JEA Lifts Boil Water Advisory for Sandalwood Area
- 2022.09.26 JEA Prepares for Hurricane Ian, Response Procedures in Place
- 2022.09.27 JEA Prepared to Respond to Hurricane Ian Impacts
- 2022.09.28 JEA Welcomes Mutual Aid Response to Hurricane Ian
- 2022.09.29 JEA Crews Restoring Power Throughout Jacksonville
- 2022.10.03 JEA Names Pedro Melendez Vice President, Planning, Engineering & Construction
- 2022.10.20 JEA Honors Local Agency Partners for Their Work in the Community
- 2022.11.04 JEA Receives Statewide Recognition for Community Work in Northeast Florida
- 2022.11.08 JEA Prepares for Subtropical Storm Nicole
- 2022.11.11 All Storm Restorations Continue Today; JEA to Lift Limited Emergency Operations
- 2022.12.12 JEA Women's, Men's Teams Win Top Honors at Statewide Water Competition
- 2022.12.20 JEA Offers Tips in Advance of Severe Cold Weather
- 2022.12.24 JEA Offers Tips During Severe Cold Weather
- 2023.01.10 JEA Receives Statewide Recognition for Mutual Aid Work
- 2023.03.06 JEA Receives Statewide Recognition for Safety
- 2023.03.07 New JEA HQ Customer Center to Open April 10
- Jacksonville Small Emerging Business and Supplier Diversity Program
- Awards Meeting Agendas and Minutes
- Look Up an Invoice
- Bid Forms
- Requests for Information
- iSupplier Portal
- Zycus Portal
- Informal Procurement Opportunities
- Bid Results
- Water Facilities
- Frequent Water Questions
- H2.0 JEA's Purified Water Program
- Water Hardness Levels
- Honors and Achievements
- Strategic Focus and Core Values
- Corporate Headquarters
- Community Impact
- Benefits of Public Utilities
- Real Estate Services
- Letter from Managing Director and CEO
- Honors and Achievements
- J.D. Power 2016 Electric Utility Business Customer Satisfaction Study
2016 J.D. Power Electric Utility Business Customer Satisfaction Study
All of us at JEA would like to thank our business customers for rating us “Highest for Customer Satisfaction with Business Electric Service in the South among Midsize Utilities” in the 2016 J.D. Power Electric Utility Business Customer Satisfaction Study.
It’s a great honor and a great reflection of the dedication and focus of all our employees. We deeply appreciate the opportunity to be your valued service provider.
The following letter from our Board Chairman Tom Petway really expressed the feelings for everyone here at JEA.
Thank You to Our Customers:
“Energizing our community through high-value energy and water solutions” is JEA’s business mission; and doing so as a premier service provider, valued asset and vital partner in advancing our community is our vision. So when our business customers, large and small, rated us “Highest Customer Satisfaction with Business Electric Service in the South among Midsize Utilities” through the 2016 J.D. Power Electric Utility Business Customer Satisfaction Study, we were honored and very gratified.
On behalf of the JEA Board of Directors and all 2,200 employees at JEA, I thank you for the trust and confidence you have invested in us and for this amazing recognition. We are committed to serving our community - both residential and business - so that together we can all benefit from a stronger economy and better quality of life.
Over the last three years we have focused on listening more intently to your needs and worked harder to find solutions that benefit customers and the community. We believe this focus helped JEA achieve the highest score in all six study factors, which includes: Power Quality & Reliability, Corporate Citizenship, Price, Billing & Payment, Communications, and Customer Service. Below is information about the initiatives JEA has implemented throughout the last year to enhance our customer overall experience within each of these categories.
- Power Quality and Reliability: In 2015, we improved the electric reliability and reduced the number of sustained outages by over 70 percent and we have continued to improve in communication to customers during outages.
- Price: JEA issued two fuel credits to customers in 2015, helping to drive down utility costs.
- Billing and Payments: We have made changes to various billing and payment policies, enhanced automated tools including eBill, and now offer business customers more than eight ways to pay, including AutoPay.
- Corporate Citizenship: JEA awarded over $850,000 in InvestSmart rebates to businesses in the community for energy efficiency improvements. We developed new rate options to support economic development for expanding and relocating businesses and continued to increase our employee volunteering and ambassador work in the community.
- Communications: We expanded our business e-newsletter and added a new Business Resource section on our website, jea.com.
- Customer Service: We improved our response time to emailed requests and expanded offerings to include natural gas for business customers.
But we are not stopping here. We have a commitment to continuous improvement and we plan to keep listening and to keep raising the bar for our performance, and ultimately our service to you and our community. We are very proud to bring critical utility services to our community because this is our home, too. Now we are even prouder, because together, we have done something amazing. Thank you for the partnership and this tremendous honor.
JEA Board Chair
JEA received the highest numerical score among 13 midsize utilities in the South in the J.D. Power 2016 Electric Utility Business Customer Satisfaction Study, based on 21,852 responses, and measuring the experiences and perceptions of business customers surveyed March and November 2015. Your experiences may vary. Visit jdpower.com.
Explore Solutions and Save
Learn about all the ways JEA helps Northeast Florida families, businesses and our community thrive and how we can help you do more.
Strategic Focus and Core Values
At JEA, our vision is to improve lives by accelerating innovation. Our mission is to provide the best service by becoming the center of our customers' energy and water experience.