- Advanced Technology Meters
- Electric Generation Byproducts
- Plant Vogtle
- Awards Meeting Agendas and Minutes
- Bid Forms
- Bid Results
- Formal Procurement Opportunities
- iSupplier Portal
- Jacksonville Small Emerging Business Program
- Look Up an Invoice
- Requests for Information
- Zycus Portal
- Community Impact
- Corporate Headquarters
- Honors and Achievements
- Media Relations
- Real Estate Services
- Strategic Focus and Core Values
2016 J.D. Power Electric Utility Business Customer Satisfaction Study
All of us at JEA would like to thank our business customers for rating us “Highest for Customer Satisfaction with Business Electric Service in the South among Midsize Utilities” in the 2016 J.D. Power Electric Utility Business Customer Satisfaction Study.
It’s a great honor and a great reflection of the dedication and focus of all our employees. We deeply appreciate the opportunity to be your valued service provider.
The following letter from our Board Chairman Tom Petway really expressed the feelings for everyone here at JEA.
Thank You to Our Customers:
“Energizing our community through high-value energy and water solutions” is JEA’s business mission; and doing so as a premier service provider, valued asset and vital partner in advancing our community is our vision. So when our business customers, large and small, rated us “Highest Customer Satisfaction with Business Electric Service in the South among Midsize Utilities” through the 2016 J.D. Power Electric Utility Business Customer Satisfaction Study, we were honored and very gratified.
On behalf of the JEA Board of Directors and all 2,200 employees at JEA, I thank you for the trust and confidence you have invested in us and for this amazing recognition. We are committed to serving our community - both residential and business - so that together we can all benefit from a stronger economy and better quality of life.
Over the last three years we have focused on listening more intently to your needs and worked harder to find solutions that benefit customers and the community. We believe this focus helped JEA achieve the highest score in all six study factors, which includes: Power Quality & Reliability, Corporate Citizenship, Price, Billing & Payment, Communications, and Customer Service. Below is information about the initiatives JEA has implemented throughout the last year to enhance our customer overall experience within each of these categories.
- Power Quality and Reliability: In 2015, we improved the electric reliability and reduced the number of sustained outages by over 70 percent and we have continued to improve in communication to customers during outages.
- Price: JEA issued two fuel credits to customers in 2015, helping to drive down utility costs.
- Billing and Payments: We have made changes to various billing and payment policies, enhanced automated tools including eBill, and now offer business customers more than eight ways to pay, including AutoPay.
- Corporate Citizenship: JEA awarded over $850,000 in InvestSmart rebates to businesses in the community for energy efficiency improvements. We developed new rate options to support economic development for expanding and relocating businesses and continued to increase our employee volunteering and ambassador work in the community.
- Communications: We expanded our business e-newsletter and added a new Business Resource section on our website, jea.com.
- Customer Service: We improved our response time to emailed requests and expanded offerings to include natural gas for business customers.
But we are not stopping here. We have a commitment to continuous improvement and we plan to keep listening and to keep raising the bar for our performance, and ultimately our service to you and our community. We are very proud to bring critical utility services to our community because this is our home, too. Now we are even prouder, because together, we have done something amazing. Thank you for the partnership and this tremendous honor.
JEA Board Chair
JEA received the highest numerical score among 13 midsize utilities in the South in the J.D. Power 2016 Electric Utility Business Customer Satisfaction Study, based on 21,852 responses, and measuring the experiences and perceptions of business customers surveyed March and November 2015. Your experiences may vary. Visit jdpower.com.