- Advanced Technology Meters
- Awards Meeting Agendas and Minutes
- Bid Forms
- Bid Responses
- Bid Results
- Jacksonville Small Emerging Business Program
- Look Up an Invoice
- Local Discharge Limits
- National Pretreatment Program Regulations
- Pretreatment Program Compliance Forms
- Pretreatment Program, Permits, Surveys and Applications
- Commercial Reclaimed Water
- Reclaimed Water
- Sanitary Sewer Overflows
- Sanitary Sewer Smoke Testing
- St. Johns River
- Wastewater Treatment Process
- Fire Hydrants as an Accessible Water Source
- Frequent Water Questions
- Water Facilities
- Benefits of Public Power
- Government Relations
- Honors and Achievements
- Real Estate Services
Director, Electric Production
JEA, the eighth-largest community-owned electric utility in the United States, is currently seeking a Director, Electric Production to join its Jacksonville, Florida-based team.
This position, which reports to the Vice President & General Manager, Electric Systems, will provide ongoing direction and leadership in the best-in-class operation of JEA’s Northside Generating Station. He/she will be charged with continuously optimizing technologies and processes to improve upon plant efficiencies, all with an eye toward the safe and economical production of power for JEA customers.
The successful candidate will provide direction and leadership from the following perspectives:
- Continuous improvement of the safety, reliability, efficiency and environmental performance of the electric production systems;
- Operations research and analysis of fluidized bed and oil/gas fire boilers, combined cycle plants and associated turbine-generator sets and balance of plant systems;
- Improvement of reliability and efficiency of JEA’s electric production fleet;
- Maintenance, operation and technical support of all JEA fossil fuel fired steam and combustion turbine units;
- Installation, maintenance, repair, calibration, inspection and testing of bulk, stationary and mobile material handling equipment, as well as electrical, electronic and hydraulic control systems;
- Handling, storage and disposition of by-products of electric generation process;
- Planning and execution of planned and unplanned unit outages;
- Development, implementation and maintenance of a predictive strategy to rebuild or replace unit equipment before forced failure.
Business and people leadership:
- Develop, implement, and monitor annual business plans and accompanying annual master schedule to achieve organizational mission, goals and performance measures
- Plan, organize, train, coach, direct, and evaluate the performance of assigned managers, supervisors and staff, establishing performance requirements and personal development targets, monitoring performance, and providing executive direction for performance improvement and development
- Develop, implement, and maintain practices, policies and procedures to provide immediate reaction to differing levels of energy demand;\
- Forecast, develop and administer the Capital and O&M budgets for assigned processes;
- Participate in the short range tactical and strategic decisions to optimize the annual fuel expense budget;
- Represent JEA in local, state, federal, and global on important issues and activities;
- Provide leadership and example in meeting JEA’s safety goals.
The successful candidate will be an accomplished and approachable industry leader, possessing an impressive track record of safe operations excellence and human capital leadership. He/she will have a reputation comprised of superior technical acumen, astute business and commercial sensibilities, combined with the ability to inspire and lead a large team through rapid industry shifts in operational requirements and paradigms.
It is likely that the successful candidate will have grown his/her career within the context of an investor owned or public power utility, focused on progressively responsible roles in the operations, maintenance and/or engineering processes. Additional career paths might include work with merchant generators or original equipment manufacturers. An undergraduate degree in Engineering is a must; a PE license as well as an MBA are both strongly desired.
For More Information:
To Apply for This Position:
Qualified applicants should forward resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.