- Advanced Technology Meters
- Awards Meeting Agendas and Minutes
- Bid Forms
- Bid Responses
- Bid Results
- Formal Procurement Opportunities
- Informal Procurement Opportunities
- Jacksonville Small Emerging Business Program
- Look Up an Invoice
- Requests for Information
- Local Discharge Limits
- National Pretreatment Program Regulations
- Pretreatment Program Compliance Forms
- Pretreatment Program, Permits, Surveys and Applications
- Commercial Reclaimed Water
- Reclaimed Water
- Sanitary Sewer Overflows
- Sanitary Sewer Smoke Testing
- St. Johns River
- Wastewater Treatment Process
- Fire Hydrants as an Accessible Water Source
- Frequent Water Questions
- Water Facilities
- Benefits of Public Power
- Government Relations
- Honors and Achievements
- Real Estate Services
Vice President and General Manager Electric Systems
JEA, the eighth-largest community-owned electric utility in the United States, is currently seeking a Vice President and General Manager, Electric Systems to join its Jacksonville, Florida-based team.
This position, which reports to the President and Chief Operating Officer, will serve as the top executive for JEA’s Electric Business and manage a team of 1,000 through nine direct reports. This position is ultimately responsible and accountable for the production, delivery, and reliability of electricity in the most cost-effective manner, in compliance with regulatory requirements and with an eye toward ensuring future sustainability of operations to support regional economic growth. Specific areas of responsibility include: Electric System Planning; Electric System Projects; System Operations; Transmission, Substation & Distribution Construction & Maintenance; Electric Production; Fuels, Purchased Power, and Byproduct Services.
From a granular perspective, the VP/GM Electric Systems maintains ultimate responsibility for the overall system production, delivery, and reliability as well as all relative planning, construction, operations and support functions. Financial responsibilities include the management of the Electric System’s budgets: $2 billion capital; $300 million operations and maintenance. The VP/GM is also charged with developing JEA’s Integrated Resource Plan, as well as the group’s strategic and long-term plans. In addition to working closely with JEA’s Board of Directors and Senior Leadership Team, the VP/GM will proactively engage with public officials, industry leaders, suppliers, regulators, environmental groups, and customers to ensure JEA continues to meet and/or exceed its objectives.
The successful candidate will provide direction and leadership from the following perspectives:
- Plan, organize, control, integrate and evaluate the work of the assigned operational group;
- Develop, implement and monitor work plans to achieve organizational mission, goals and performance measures;
- Initiate and monitor implementation of appropriate safety and environmental safeguards in accordance with applicable regulations and prudent professional practice to ensure that employee, citizen and environmental hazards and impacts of operational activities are eliminated or reduced to acceptable risk levels;
- Establish strategic working relationships with community partners, governmental officials and regional agencies
- Direct the preparation of annual operational and multi-year capital improvement program budgets, establishing budgetary control measures, allocating resources and personnel and monitoring diverse work programs for compliance with budget guidelines
- Plan, organize, direct and evaluate the performance of assigned managers, supervisors and staff, establishing performance requirements and personal development targets, monitoring performance and providing executive direction for performance improvement and development.
- Production, delivery and reliability of electricity;
- Long-range planning for electric system assets;
- Operation, control and maintenance of transmission, substation and distribution systems to include facilities and lines;
- Efficient and reliable real-time operation of generating facilities, grids and other related facilities;
- Operation of electric systems in compliance with applicable regulatory requirements, to include environmental and NERC reliability standards;
- Management of revenues that support debt service coverage and capital expenditure “pay-go” objectives;
- Construction of new and rehabilitation of existing electrical infrastructure;
- Integration of acquired territory into existing utility systems;
- Analysis of electric system reliability;
- Procurement of fuel;
- Storage, sale and use of production byproduct;
- Management of JEA purchased power agreements.
Eighteen (18) month success will be defined by the candidate’s progress in the following three areas:
- Improvements in JEA’s power quality and reliability metrics;
- Full engagement in shaping JEA’s strategy;
- Integration into the fabric of JEA’s human capital culture. The successful candidate will have established and developed substantive working relationships with JEA peers and staff, and will have begun implementing culture changes where needed to enhance JEA’s culture of safety, accountability, and innovation.
JEA’s VP/GM Electric Systems will be an accomplished and approachable industry leader, possessing an impressive track record of safe operations excellence and human capital leadership. He/she will have a reputation comprised of superior technical acumen, astute business and commercial sensibilities, combined with the ability to inspire and lead a large team through rapid industry shifts in operational requirements and paradigms.
It is contemplated that the successful candidate will bring to the endeavor fifteen (15) years of progressively responsible experience in the electric utility industry, to include at least ten (10) years of management experience. Further required are five (5) years’ experience as the head of an organizational unit with responsibility in any one or combination of the following areas: generation planning, operations, construction and maintenance; transmission and distribution planning, operation, construction and maintenance; fuel and wholesale energy procurement and management. It is important that he/she will have had leadership responsibility for systems that touch the retail customer. An undergraduate degree in Engineering is a must; a PE license as well as an MBA are both strongly desired.
For More Information:
To Apply for This Position:
Qualified applicants should forward resumes to email@example.com.
View Current Outages
Report and track any service issue you're experiencing, or monitor the status an electrical outage.