- Electric Generation Byproducts
- Advanced Technology Meters
- 2021.02.17 JEA Announces New Leadership Team
- 2021.03.11 JEA Receives First Place Safety Award from Florida Municipal Electric Association
- 2021.06.15 JEA Names Theodore B. Phillips Chief Financial Officer
- 2021.07.13 JEA Announces New COO and VP of Financial Services
- 2021.08.17 JEA Builds Out Leadership Team with Hiring of Chief External Affairs Officer
- 2021.09.15 JEA Names New Chief Information Officer, VP of Technical Services
- 2021.09.30 Ricky Erixton, JEA Vice President of Electric Systems, Named to SERC Reliability Board of Directors
- 2021.09.30 Ricardo “Rick” Morales III Appointed to JEA Board of Directors
- iSupplier Portal
- Zycus Portal
- Requests for Information
- Bid Results
- Formal Procurement Opportunities
- Informal Procurement Opportunities
- Jacksonville Small Emerging Business Program
- Awards Meeting Agendas and Minutes
- Look Up an Invoice
- Bid Forms
- Honors and Achievements
- Strategic Focus and Core Values
- Community Impact
- Corporate Headquarters
- Real Estate Services
Engineers at JEA are responsible for designing, manufacturing and maintaining JEA products and materials. They also ensure that such products and materials comply with JEA’s economic, safety and efficiency standards. See which engineering positions we have below for you.
Examples of Engineering career titles include:
- Manager Electric Generation Planning
- Electric Systems Engineer
- Associate Engineer
- Consulting Engineer
New Career Opportunities
Water Wastewater Engineer
Closing Date: 10/25/2021
Closing Date: 11/1/2021
Co-op Engineer, Part Time
Closing Date: 11/1/2021
Questions about an Engineering position? Please send us an email at email@example.com.
Did you know that JEA is now offering solar power to customers? Meet one of the program’s masterminds, Associate Engineer, René. As a University of Maryland undergrad student, she studied chemical engineering. The difficulty of her classes, however, almost led René to switch majors. If one of her professors didn’t guide her, René says she probably wouldn’t have obtained her bachelor’s in chemical engineering, but rather another engineering discipline. After graduating in 2010, she worked at SAFT Batteries in Cockeysville, Maryland as a Research and Development Technician, then came to Jacksonville in 2012 to work as an Engineer at their manufacturing facility. While at SAFT Jacksonville, she obtained her Master’s degree in Sustainable Energy Engineering. Fast forward to today, and René is now an Associate Engineer here at JEA coordinating several of our renewable projects.
Treat others as you'd like to be treated.
René has worked at JEA for over a year, and her daily responsibilities include managing small scale renewable purchase power agreements and solar photovoltaic (PV) projects, collecting data for renewable customer offerings, including the most recently announced battery incentive program, evaluating renewable technologies for incorporation by JEA, and managing renewable energy certificate (REC) inventory and sales. René also schedules and executes solar farm tours, which she says is her favorite thing about her role. Fun Fact: René passed her Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) exam on her first attempt and is now studying to obtain her Professional Engineer (PE) license.
What René loves most about JEA: “I love that my job is so interesting. There’s so much versatility. I go in the field for site visits and tours, interact with vendors looking to build relationships with JEA, attend and network at conferences geared towards renewables, and I still have the daily office duties of emails, meetings, etc. There’s a good balance of field and behind the desk activities, which keeps things exciting. I’m still learning the company, but I really love my group. Solar is a hot topic right now and it’s good to be in a position that has a lot of public interest. I enjoy it.”
Explore Solutions and Save
Learn about all the ways JEA helps Northeast Florida families, businesses and our community thrive and how we can help you do more.