- Electric Generation Byproducts
- Advanced Technology Meters
- 2021.02.17 JEA Announces New Leadership Team
- 2021.03.11 JEA Receives First Place Safety Award from Florida Municipal Electric Association
- 2021.06.15 JEA Names Theodore B. Phillips Chief Financial Officer
- 2021.07.13 JEA Announces New COO and VP of Financial Services
- 2021.08.17 JEA Builds Out Leadership Team with Hiring of Chief External Affairs Officer
- 2021.09.15 JEA Names New Chief Information Officer, VP of Technical Services
- 2021.09.30 Ricky Erixton, JEA Vice President of Electric Systems, Named to SERC Reliability Board of Directors
- 2021.09.30 Ricardo “Rick” Morales III Appointed to JEA Board of Directors
- 2021.11.03 JEA Receives Statewide Recognition for Programs that Build Community
- 2022.01.06 JEA Names its First Director of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
- 2022.01.07 JEA Reducing Carbon Emissions with Closure of Plant Scherer Coal-fired Unit
- 2022.01.17 Statement on Holiday Road Sewer Overflow
- 2022.01.27 JEA Names Mark Stultz Vice President, Communications
- 2022.02.11 JEA Honored as Outstanding Utility by Florida Urban Forestry Council
- 2022.04.08 Steven Selders Promoted to JEA Vice President, Application Delivery and Enterprise Architecture
- 2022.04.26 JEA Managing Director & CEO Jay Stowe, Appointed to Electricity Subsector Coordinating Council
- 2022.06.01 JEA Partnering with Customers to be Ready for 2022 Hurricane Season
- 2022.06.08 JEA Announces Next Generation of Customer Experience Delivery
- 2022.06.13 JEA Presents Environmental Stewardship Award to Evoqua Water Technologies
- 2022.07.26 JEA to Suspend Electric, Water Disconnections During Peak of Summer Heat
- 2022.08.27 Precautionary Boil Water Advisory Remains in Effect for Sandalwood Area as JEA Continues Testing
- 2022.08.28 JEA Lifts Boil Water Advisory for Sandalwood Area
- Formal Procurement Opportunities
- Bid Results
- Jacksonville Small Emerging Business and Supplier Diversity Program
- Awards Meeting Agendas and Minutes
- Look Up an Invoice
- Bid Forms
- Requests for Information
- iSupplier Portal
- Zycus Portal
- Real Estate Services
- Letter from Managing Director and CEO
- Honors and Achievements
- Strategic Focus and Core Values
- Corporate Headquarters
- Community Impact
- Benefits of Public Utilities
JEA is one of the best places to work in Jacksonville. As one of the largest community-owned utilities in the nation, we offer our team members well-paying, professionally rewarding career opportunities. We also provide training, an excellent benefits package and exceptional career advancement opportunities.
JEA Named Best-in-Class Employer
JEA was recognized as an organization that provides innovative solutions for creating organizational structures, workplace policies and total rewards, which inclusively engage and motivates its employees.
JEA Selected 14th Among Forbes 2022 America's Best Midsize Employers
Forbes partnered with market research firm Statista to compile this list by surveying 60,000 Americans working for businesses with at least 1,000 employees. Participants were asked to rate their willingness to recommend their own employers to friends and family, and to nominate organizations other than their own. The final list ranks the 500 midsize employers that received the most recommendations.
Although creating electricity and treating water are our primary services, we have career opportunities at JEA for candidates of all backgrounds. We need the help of not only skilled engineers, but also accountants, managers, customer service representatives,
and technology gurus. And with offices in various corners of Jacksonville, JEA’s talented team members work together to improve our community.
Learn about the many Career Tracks at JEA
Skilled Craft Apprenticeships
JEA offers well-paying, professionally rewarding career opportunities for skilled craft professionals. We also offer state-certified training, an excellent benefits package and exceptional career advancement opportunities.
If you are interested in applying for one of our apprenticeship programs, we invite you to become familiar with the application process, which includes a physical agility test.
Learn about our Skilled Craft Apprenticeship Recruitment
JEA Benefits and Total Rewards
At JEA, it pays to be a team member, and not just because we offer a competitive salary. We reward your time, talent and commitment with pay, benefits, retirement programs, healthcare coverage, and many more advantages. We call this Total Rewards.
Learn about our Health, Time Off, Retirement and Wellness Benefits
At JEA, cultural competency is integrated into everything we do. Our managers understand the value of drawing upon the talent and intellect of team members from all walks of life. We’re a stronger company because of our rich tapestry of employees. Thanks
to our diverse workforce, we are in a better position to meet the needs of all the customers we serve.
Learn about our Commitment to Diversity
Summer Co-Op Program
Our interns, co-ops and mentoring students work directly with JEA employees, who are trained to guide them through the work environment, while also teaching them about the utility industry. Students often get the chance to help complete special projects
while working side-by-side with our team members.
Our Internship Opportunities
Our Hiring Philosophy
JEA is an equal opportunity/equal access employer and considers all applications for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, disability/handicap, Veteran status or any other protected group status under Federal, State, and local law. JEA provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
In agreement with Federal law, it is the policy of JEA to employ only U.S. citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States. If hired, proof of employment eligibility will be required. JEA only hires qualified candidates who are at least 18 years of age.
Completing an application does not constitute an implication, promise or guarantee of employment with JEA. If chosen for a position, all employment terms are governed by applicable pay plans, collective bargaining agreements, Civil Service and Personnel rules and regulations, as well as company management directives.
By submitting an application, you hereby certify that this form contains no willful misrepresentation or falsification; that information given by you is true and complete to the best of your knowledge and belief. Be aware that should an investigation
of your employment, at any time, disclose any such misrepresentation or falsification, your application may be rejected, your name may be removed from the employment list and you may be disqualified from applying in the future for positions with JEA,
and/or your employment with JEA may be terminated.
About Our Recruitment Process
Explore Solutions and Save
Learn about all the ways JEA helps Northeast Florida families, businesses and our community thrive and how we can help you do more.